Why Outsource Your Bookkeeping
Many business' are choosing to outsource areas of their bookkeeping and administration work. In doing this, they know they are getting a very high quality of work, lower overheads as opposed to full time staff and the ability to meet their regulatory requirements on time.
Working with Bookkeeping Partners, you will know that your data is secure and remains confidential. With the use of Dropbox for storage and the upload and download of large files and the use of accounting cloud based software your data will be protected.
Our team has extensive experience in the industry. Kate has trained to the level of Certified Consultant with MYOB and QBO ProAdvisor. Leave it to us to run your accounts whilst you focus on what you do best.....running your business. Kate has many years experience working within an accounting firm and knows what process it takes to take a file from 'bookkeeping' stage to financial statements and tax returns.
Registered BAS Agents
Did you know that it is a requirement for any external bookkeeper/consultant who is providing BAS services to be a Registered BAS Agent. BAS service is defined in the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA) as:
- ascertaining or advising about the liabilities, obligations or entitlements of a client under a BAS provision; or
- representing a client in their dealings with the Commissioner of Taxation in relation to a BAS provision; and
- where it is reasonable to expect a client will rely on the service to satisfy liabilities or obligations or to claim entitlements under
- a BAS provision.
This also includes:
- Applying to the Registrar for an ABN on behalf of a client.
- Coding transactions, tax invoices and transferring data onto a computer program for clients through processes that require the interpretation or application of a BAS provision.
- Confirming figures to be included on a client’s activity statement.
- Completing activity statements on behalf of an entity or instructing the entity which figures to include.
- Confirming the withholding tax obligations for the employees of a client.
- Preparation and provision of a payment summary that may include reportable fringe benefits amounts and the reportable employer superannuation contributions,
- Services under the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992 to the extent that they relate to a payroll function or payments to contractors. Determining and reporting the superannuation guarantee shortfall and associated administrative fees. Dealing with superannuation payments made through a clearing house.
- Completing and lodging the Taxable payments annual report to the ATO on behalf of a client.